Location: New Delhi
Role: Animals can’t speak for themselves. FIAPO is looking for someone who can speak for them, an outgoing, strong communicator who can be an effective advocate for animals.
This position is for a Public Relations Coordinator for the Stop Illegal Slaughter campaign. The applicant should be able to create a strong presence for the campaign in print media to draw the attention of general public to the issue.
Manage and anchor print communications for the campaign. This will include but not be restricted to:
- Coordination with campaign and communications staff to develop communications plan
- Take charge of print media deliverables of the plan
- Coordinate with campaigns staff to aggressively push print articles in staple and important campaign actions
- Ensure proactive coverage of the campaign and the issue in diverse print media platforms
- Liaise with external consultants in different cities to ensure local print coverage
- Document and share all coverage with communications team for wide dissemination on all other FIAPO portals.
Federation of Indian Animal Protection Organisations (FIAPO) is India’s apex animal protection organisation. As the collective voice of the animal protection movement in India, FIAPO is the catalyst which protects the interests of animals on local and national levels – through education, research, lobbying, mobilization, training and direct action. Created for the movement, by the movement, FIAPO is India’s only national federation with 77 members and over 200 supporter organisations nationally.
• Motivated, resourceful, and creative research skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Willingness and ability to travel
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Eligibility: Graduate in journalism/mass communication, with some on field experience. Fluency in Hindi and English is required.
Application Procedure: Please familiarize yourself FIAPO by reading through the web pages of www.fiapo.org before you apply.
Based on the job description and the website, within 300 words, please provide a cover letter with the following details:-
What role have you been in previously (voluntary or otherwise) that is closest to the advertised vacancy and for how long?
A challenging situation you have faced
Your current or last CTC (you will be required to give pay slips)
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply